An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Monday, November 15, 2021

1993-12-28 Washington, D.C.

 12/28/93 Washington D.C.

A clear-but-lacking audience recording for tonight.

On paper this show looks just ok, but of course looks aren't everything!

Great Zappa tribute (I'm assuming) with the Peaches opener. Always great to hear that! 

-------------------------------------------------- 

Split Open and Melt

Great version, I think (this AUD is rather quiet - Foobar is up to max and its just loud enough). Some good crowd reaction in this one and it gets nice and dark and nasty right away and stays there! 

-------------------------------------------------

I gotta say I am really enjoying this first set!

Despite the sound, their is a lot of energy and spunk and nothing is tired sounding.

Nothing super memorable and I doubt I'll return to this anytime soon but I enjoyed this set way more than I expected!

------------------------------------------------

12/28 Washington, D.C. (Great show but nothing memorable)
Split Open and Melt
Suzy Greenberg (AWESOME)
Ya Mar (Auld Lang Syne!)
Possum (12 minutes! Super dynamic! Quiet jam! KASHMIR JAM!!!!)
The Lizards

 

No comments:

Post a Comment