An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Monday, November 15, 2021

2011-08-09 Stateline, NV

Onward with 8/9/11, Stateline, NV (Lake Tahoe)

Awesome setlist tonight. Currently headbanging to Punch You in the Eye. This is THE song that made me a fan (12/31/95!!!) I would definitely put it as my favorite Phish song, no questions asked. End of story. Good versions in 3.0 are extremely hit or miss. This one is total HIT. I am very happy :D

Everything has been played excellent so far.

Some shows have that raging-hopped up-too many energy drinks vibe such as 8/8 and 8/6

This has that smoother, excellent kind of vibe, if that makes sense.

To me, there are clearly different "vibes" that shows give, lol. This feels like less of a full-on rage-til-you-die show and more of a take-your-time-and-enjoy-it-all affair :p

Party Time was a perfect opener - is it ever not?
Oh Kee Pah - unexpected and perfectly performed
AC/DC Bag - nothing special but a strong, album-ready version
>Mellow Mood - awesome digital delay segue into MM. A terrific version and I'm not one for reggae, so....

Rift - KA BLAM!!!!! CHECK OUT THIS FIRE!!!!!! HOLY HELL!!!!!!!!

Rift definitely kicked things up a notch and the fire and precision it brought has carried over to this Punch.

Not to be hyperbolic but this is surely one of the best Punch's of 3.0 SO FAR. I have extremely high standards for this song (again, 12/31/95 was my intro!) so I'm constantly putting down any version I hear. Not this one. Terrific. :) 

 

Set 2

Holy hell can I forgive them for that first set (mindblowing DARK Stash excepted!) because they are going nuts in set 2

Lots of Type II (unfortunately only several minutes at a time), but what they do jam is great and they are blazing it up.

You'll see when I post my notes :)

 

----------------------------------------

8/9 Stateline, NV ** (GET THAT LIGHT! ROCKET MAN!)
Party Time
Oh Kee Pah
AC/DC Bag
>Mellow Mood (VERY nice!)
Rift (Holy hell)
Punch You in the Eye (PERFECTION!!!!!!)
>Meat (Dank...)
David Bowie
46 Days
Gotta Jibboo (FREAKING ROCKS)
>Light (TYPE II OUTER SPACE DARK SLUDGE FUNK. AS GOOD AS GORGE ROCK AND ROLL. OMFG)
>Chalkdust Torture (Unqie Type I, HARRY POTTER!)
>Slave to the Traffic Light
>Free
ROCKET MAN!
Walls of the Cave (Harry Hood didn't do much)
Bug (HOLY CRAP TREY!)
The Squirming Coil

 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment