An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Friday, January 27, 2023

1993-08-03 Miami, FL

8/3/93 Miami, FL

After the world-destroying 8/2, I move onwards further south to Miami.

On paper this show doesn't look as good and the ratings online don't rank it that highly, but Phish and the Dead will teach you - DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER!

It might suck, it might awesome. We will find out. :)

Also, it features a whopping EIGHT songs from Rift - I know the July and August shows are super heavy on Rift material, but dang I don't think any have had this much from it at once!  

First set is a total sleeper for me until Ya Mar. Everything was played fine, but there was no "pizazz" - it's like they left all the rocket sauce back in Tampa, haha. :)

It's like excellent, dare I say, background music.

Ya Mar is SUPER FUN though!!! Awesome organ solo from Page!

And then straight into a world-destroying Llama that sees Trey ripping us into a million pieces.

Machine gun does not begin to describe it! :p

 

Set 2 so far is killing it.

Lengthwise was a strange opener, but Maze destroyed, BATR was actually really fresh sounding, It's Ice slayed as usual and so far YEM is funky as hell!

Also, if listening in headphones, beware of Trey's "feedback from hell" moment in YEM.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment