An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Friday, January 27, 2023

1993-08-08 Cleveland, OH

 At my mom's with headphones, so it's time to move onwards in 1993 with 8/8 Cleveland

A ripping and ridiculous BBFCFM opens the show like a tornado!!!

Also, as the boys are whipping up the storm, Trey gives a hyperspeed version of one of the Divided Sky themes beneath the maelstrom.
Pretty funny/unexpected/awesome.

And then, without so much as a blink of the eye, we are into Foam... 

Loving Cup was surprisingly early in the set but killed just the same.

But holy crap this Runaway Jim is OUTTA THIS WORLD INSANE!!!!

I mean, it's only 8 minutes but it goes borderline Type II in spots and is completely off the rails. It's actually pretty dark and twisted!!!  

After a nice Horse>SITM, we get my favorite Phish tune, Punch You In The Eye

Although the ultra funky 12/31/95 version was my "I get it now" moment with Phish and my favorite version of any song ever played, these early 90s versions regularly slay.

They don't have as much funkiness and the piano has more presence, imo, than in later versions. This particular one is darn flawless, taken at a very speedy pace and absolutely DESTROYS for its entire duration.

Man, if Trey played one like this today people's minds would explode :p

SUCH DEXTERITY! 

Fast Enough For You

The best classic rock ballad that never was, Trey ripping it up and aiming for the heavens with every bit of shredding strength he can muster.

Jeez, this show is KILLING it so far!!!

August 1993 is certainly living up to expectations!!!

8/2/93 Tampa
8/6/93 Cincinnati
8/7/93 Darien

and now 8/8/93 Cleveland

4 of the 5 shows so far are on my "oh my god that was the greatest show I've ever heard list" :p

And if things are this good so far, looking at the second set for 8/8 I'm surely in for a doozy!!!  

I'm sorry for posting - AGAIN - but HOLY FRICKIN EVER LOVING CRAP THIS BOWIE IS HOTTER THAN THE INSIDE OF THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment