An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Friday, January 27, 2023

2011-01-01 New York City, NY

 Finishing 2010 tonight with........the first show of 2011! :p

I've been waiting to listen to this for the last 2 months and just haven't been in the mood for playing anything.

FANTASTIC (for my taste) setlist tonight and a 4.5 rating on .NET bodes well...

A rocking My Soul and ultra funky Tube to start.... 

Divided Sky

Holy crap I can't remember hearing a 3.0 version more perfectly performed than this one.  

Crosseyed and Painless

This whole show has been "holy crap" level of awesomeness so far, but this might've set the new peak for the gig (so far!)

C/P>Twist>Simple

C/P was insane, Twist was one of the best I've heard and was pretty dang chill, and Simple is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

In Simple they slowly get more and more chill with Page's piano coming more and more to the fore until we reach a "chill freezedown" that reaches towards Type 2 playing.

Stupendous.  

A fantastically enjoyable show. There's no deep Type II at all but it gets close sometimes.

The songs are performed pretty dang perfectly for 3.0 as far as the compositions go and the setlist is ace.

Lots of energy throughout (as with every other 2010 show...)

A pretty perfect capper for a - in my opinion - spectacular year (IN CONTEXT!)

2010 kicked all kinds of ass.

So now I've officially completed all exactly 100 shows of 2009 and 2010.

I'm a free agent once again. Now that I've finished July '93 about a month and a half ago and had my break from that, I think I'll finally hit up that August '93 run I put on hold for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment