An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Sunday, October 29, 2023

Charleston 2019 - Nights 1 and 2 - My first shows! - #1. 12/6/19

 Here are my live posts from the Hoffman forums over that weekend:



Currently leaving Greemville for Charleston.

This is it boys.

17 months in the making, from first discovery to first shows :)

12 31 95
6 14 00
6 15 00
7 30 97
10 31 90
8 14 93

These were basically my base level starterpack shows that got me hooked.

Gonna revisit Ventura 97 on the way down.

Not gonna try for a Sunday ticket cuz i gotta be home Monday morning for talks about a truck run to California - cant miss that

Peace and love

:)  


--------------------------------------------


At my very first shakedown street right now.

What thr hell is this - its like a city! :p 


-----------------------------------------------


Ok, so they let us inside 45minutes early.

Made line mates, got 3 free beers and a Soul Planet Uno card, and a sticker lmao

Phish fans rule 

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

On the floor. 1/3 rd back center.

Bout 30ft from rail

 First show where everyone taped blankets to the floor and had a picnic while waiting! :p

Made friends with some HOT (not hippie hot!) Phish chicks as well lol

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

 


---------------------------------------------------


Ok, so, seeing in person makes many songs work better than just listening on computer.

Carolina to open - F you guys, I can check a capella number off my list! :)

PARTY TIME RULED!

UNDERMIND SLAYED!

I Been Around - eh

and then HOLY FREAKING OLD SCHOOL HOLY TRINITY!!

DIVIDED SKY!
THE SLOTH!
DESTINY UNBOUND!

Oh my god.

MyFe was surprisingly just ok but About To Run had Trey in full axe killer mode.

Awesome.

And then a smashing Bowie.


Oh my god.

I got DS. I actually freaking got Divided Sky!!!!

Yes i danced my fat ass off for thr ENTIRE set, wiggling and writhing and headbanging and convulsing my worries away.

It felt like an old school set. Gave me faint 1995 kind of vibes

10/10 would go tomorrow ;)  

I forgot to mention this show has the best sound and lights of any concert ive been too

FLAWLESS

Incredible lighting and tge sound was loud and clear and PERFECTLY mixed yet not so loud to need the ear plugs I forgot to bring 

 -----------------------------------------------------

 Ok, so they basically took most of my "want to see" list and did it tonight. Talk about dumb luck!!

Ok, set 2

Axilla - did NOT see this coming. Several reprisals throughout the set

Scents - absolute friggin MONSTER. I dont know how it sounded on webcast but in person this was next level, blow your mind insane

No Quarter - headbanging bananza

Mercury - lost my mind. Thought the jam was weak but LxL was incredible

Limb By Limb - terrific jamming. Beyond great

THE LIZARDS. THE FREAKING LIZARDS. I GOT LIZARDS, MERCURY, DIVIDED SKY, THE SLOTH AND DESTINY UNBOUND ALL AT MY FIRST SHOW ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, i also get Bittersweet Motel and Suzy Greenberg.

Like, good god. There is no way tomorrow is anything but a disappointment lol

Im gonna go to bed. Im wasted. Love you guys. The jam gods shone on me tonight!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment