An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

1997-02-13 London, UK

 After 2 16 and 2 17 yesterday, ive decided to do a casual, see-how-far-I-get, reviews-be-damned listen through of Europe, winter 1997.

General thoughts and notes of course, but these will be plowed through in the dump truck, lol.

Starting today while running errands with 2 13 97 London in my car.

Absolutely BLAZING Chalkdust opener! 

Ripping Wolfman into a FANTASTIC 2001. Putting this in the highlights list for sure.

Stash is friggin spectacular as well

Walfredo is Walfredo, but I doubt it ever sounded better than this. Great version, seriously.  

Ok, this entire first set, just about, was one massive highlight. Energy and enthusiasm out the wazoo, a great flow to the set, and all around extra mustard to the proceedings.

Chalkdust, 2001, Walfredo, Taste, the wah-annihilation Character Zero....

Killer.

 Set 2 begins with the bluesy, fiery, ripping trio of Julius, Cars and My Soul before a great Punch You In the Eye.

Out of Punch comes a strange, dark kind of jam, nearly 9 minutes. Very unique and probably the sole jam highlight of the night. Wow. Extremely strange, like that Carini from the 2012 New Year's run. It's not just feedback, this is an actual jam. Super dark, like you are being slowly pulled into hell or something.

Dude!!!!!

Then the jam dissolves perfectly in a magical Slave that just goes on forever in the best way. 

Man oh man, the set construction on this sucker is just sublime. Seriously, this has to be one of the best flowing shows I've ever heard.  

THIS MAZE! HOLY MOTHER OF CRAP ON A CRACKER THIS MAZE IS DOWNRIGHT DEMENTED OH MY GOODNESS.

My god, that Hood. Is this a particularly well known version? Because this was X Factor Magic with a capital X.

No, seriously, this is an all-timer version and, honestly, maybe the best version I have ever heard. I am not exaggerating.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment