An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Monday, November 15, 2021

2011-08-12 San Francisco, CA

Onwards to Outside Lands 2011!!

This looks like a great straight-ahead-rock-show type of gig. That is fine by me (besides it being a festival setting).

Currently in the middle of this jazzy-yet-machine-gun-Trey Tweezer.

Great show so far! My "expectations" for this set are low, but that doesn't mean I expect poorness, just that I'm pretty sure I get what type of gig this is and that is totally cool by me :)

Energy out the wazoo tonight (as always - don't you get tired of me saying this? :p )

The Type I jamming is just terrific. There seems to be a little bit extra Rocket Sauce going on - things are just a tad more adventurous than the usual Type I, if that makes sense. Just lots of little moments that are making me perk my ears up and go "ooh, nice!"

And into Mound we go.

Thoroughly enjoying this first set. Had a crazy hard day un-bricking a driveway and then cleaning said pile of 400 bricks. Sometimes its nice to have a straightforward show that doesn't require a lot of thinking to go along with it :D

 
----------------------------------------------------
 
Rock and Roll>Steam

THAT FREAKING SEGUE WAS PERFECT
 
Rock and Roll
>Steam
>Piper
>Roses are Free


That's it. Show over. That was the definite highlight. This sequence is what it will be remembered for. Holy crap what a face-melting sequence...

:eek::eek::eek:
 
---------------------------------------------
 
8/12 San Francisco (Outside Lands Fest) (Terrific straight rock show but not really memorable. RR>Roses is MANDATORY)
Funky B
Moma Dance
Sample In a Jar (Dang!)
Possum (EXTRA ROCKET SAUCE!)
Tweezer (Extra saucy jamming!!!! Astonishing Type I)
>Mound
Suzy Greenberg (GO PAGE GO!)
Mike's Song (HOLY CRAP!)
Weekapaug Groove
Rock and Roll (FIRE)
>Steam (THAT SEGUE! Absolutely spectacular - highlight of show so far)
>Piper (Type II raging jazzy jamming!)
>Roses are Free
Julius (OH MY GOD)
Life on Mars
Birds of a Feather
Fluffhead
Number Line
Chalkdust Torture
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment