An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Sunday, November 14, 2021

2018-10-26 Rosemont, IL

I remember when this show happenned I was down in Laredo, TX at a T/A truck stop waiting in line for my diesel fuel receipt.

At the time I was listening through 2009. I remember this show was webcast free (or the first song was) or something.

Anywho, nice tiny nostalgia with this :p

A fine PYITE to open. This is one of the songs that got me into Phish and I am ALWAYS stoked for it on a setlist. Thankfully, this is not completely butchered like so many 3.0 versions, but it is a tad slow. It does seem pretty funky overall though which makes up for it.

Good start to the gig!  

Martian Monster - A nice headbanging funk slam. Can you imagine this in 1998 or something?! Good stuff.

40 minutes into set 1 and it is pretty disappointing.

Enjoyable enough, but all that's worth hearing again so far, really, is Martian Monster and the guitar solo peak in Reba (it's pretty bad otherwise).

How does this show have a 4.5 rating and 10/24/18 has a 3.7?!?!? 10/24 annihilated this to bits so far.


I don't get .NET ratings at all, man...

At least Mercury is next, and I believe this is the version I chose to use for my "Non Albums Songs" compilations a few years back, so I am actually quite familiar with it and it is a beast!  

Not really jiving with this show for some reason. On paper I should love it but it just doesn't have the energy and X Factor of the 2 Nashville gigs.

This is definitely a cherry-pick-your-favorites gig.

So far:

Set 1
Martian Monster - awesome heavy funk workout, very 1997/1998!!!
Reba - the composed section sucked but the guitar solo peak was mind blowing!
Moonage Daydream - maybe the winner of set 1. This has the Nashville energy!!! WHAT A BANGER!!!! FREAKIN ROCKED!
Mercury - doesn't really go anyhwere in its duration, but its 18 minutes of album-ready perfection.
Walls of the Cave - Its WOTC. It's an explosive nuclear guitar bomb. We know this. :)

Set 2
Tweezer - INSANE DANCE PARTY TYPE 2 BEAST!
Golden Age - SEE ABOVE!!!! 

 

Eh, I finished my review there at the time. Sorry folks! :)

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment