An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Sunday, November 14, 2021

2018-12-28 New York City, NY

Time to tackle the 2018-2019 NYE run! :)

I remember following this when it happenned. I know I listened to 2 of the shows. One of them bored me pretty badly at the time so I can't wait to see what I think now.

Kicking off 12/28/18 with We Are Come to Outlive Our Brains (WACTOOB...)

Love this song. A nice chill kinda "let's have fun" opener. Sounds like someone is out of tune though for a bit. I tihnk Trey.

Nice to have it kick off the run. Also, the setlist for this show is BONKERS!  

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Darn excellent first set!!!

Some sets are just ok, some sets are incredible, and some sets are just exactly right!

This was the latter - Everything was worth hearing and there were a number of definite standouts.

Axilla - normally 3.0 Axilla's seem to leave me disappointed because of Trey's "lighter" playing style in recent years, but this one shocked me. This ripped and snarled like a 1.0 version. Totally worth rocking out to. :)

Meat - surprise MVP of the set, imo. Totally funky and fun as hell. SO MUCH GROOVE!!

Ghost - 10 minutes?! For being the shortest Ghost I've heard in a while they certainly wasted no time dropping my jaw. They go full Type II bliss jam. Utterly beautiful.

Maze - It's Maze. You know it is gonna rip your face off.

Walls of the Cave - See above :p

A super fun first set!  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/28/18 MSG #1

:bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek:

This show is BANANAZ!!

Set 1 was sick. Set 2 is murderous

Set Your Soul Free - sick Type II jam. Must hear.
>Steep segue
>Swept Away - MOVE OVER FARMHOUSE, YOU AINT GOT NOTHIN ON THIS GORGEOUS SUCKER HOLY FREAKING HELL!!!!!!
The Final Hurrah - EXPLOSIVE DANCE FUNK SUPER PARTY I CANT GET ENOUGH OF THIS!!

You could say its going good so far :p 

Guys, I'm spent.

That show blew me away!

A 3.5 rating on .NET?! Are the people over there smoking crack or something?!

Jeez, that show was incredible from start to finish. Maybe I'm just easy to please....

Oh well, 3 to go! Peace and love. Night lads 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment