An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Friday, January 13, 2023

2010-06-15 Portsmouth, VA

 Long story short (see my post on the Grateful Thread), I'm in Starbucks early today because I'll be at the hospital this afternoon visiting a family friend (if he makes it...) .

With that being said, I begin today with the Tube Sandwich show, 6/15/10, Portsmouth, VA

Of course, the great Tube starts the show by request.  Looking at the setlist, aside from Gin, there doesn't appear to be any big jams tonight. Interesting.

Some nice rarities tonight though:

Tube
Slave
Poor Heart (feels underplayed in 3.0 to me)
My Friend
Cold Water (Tom Waits)
Idea (One of the best non-album songs from this era!)
ADITL

Good stuff! 

Man oh man that Tube was raging and this KDF is HOTTER THAN THE SUN!!!
Aww yea, dis gon b gud

Slave to the Traffic Light - I'm not the biggest fan of this song (just a tad too meandering for me - yes, I do love a 1976 Black Napkins though... :) ) This one is just gorgeous. Wow. Trey's new style of playing fits this to a T. If you like this song and 2010 I encourage you to hear this one. Just lovely. 

Just finishing set 1 of 6/15/10
That was a great listen! The energy and atmosphere was awesome - a real toe-tapper set.

Oooh, the Wilson that opens set 2 is a scorcher. I love that, what I call, "Zeppelin Riff" part near the end of the song. Always a banger round these parts.

Holy hell, for such a "boring-looking" show on paper, set one was explosive from start to finish and set 2 is just getting better and better with each song.

Wilson ruled, Seven Below had some very nice jamming, 46 Days EXPLODED and then segued beautifully into this ONE-TIME-ONLY appearance of Idea, a Mike song that totally should've stayed in their repertoire (because this version is excellent with some nice jammign too!).

Man, this show rules! Totally worth checking out this show guys.

A slammer from start to finish. :)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment