An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Friday, January 13, 2023

2010-06-17 Hartford, CT

 

6/17/10 Hartford, CT 
 
In a surprising reprisal of their famed 2009 Hartford gig (Top 5 of 09 maybe!), the boys open with the best Punch since....well, that 2009 Hartford gig! :D 
 
Energy in friggin' spades, this is like 1991 Grateful Dead. Also, the PYITE is at my famed "perfect" tempo, so mega points for that :) Great setlist tonight too - the only song I actively don't care for on it is Esther 
 
Stash was explosive! Wow - if you like a Stash that explodes like fireworks check this one out  

Divided Sky

Gorgeous!

I really think this might be the best composition Trey has ever written. The sad part of the song almost makes tears well up in my eyes. 
 
So far the guys are 4.5 shows for 5 as far as greatness goes.

I think 6/11 just might be the king so far, but this gig is maybe going to replace that as best so far (they've all be phenomenal except that weird 2nd set on 6/12)

Hell, even this ALASKA is melting my ice caps!!! :)

It doesn't hurt that the new LP mixes that started in 2010 RULE. They sound so good in my headphones it's not even funny.

Thick and punchy and clear without any hint of overloud mastering.

Sorry guys, I'm just enjoying the hell out of 2010 so far :)
 
And 6/17/10 Set 1 ends with a had-to-be-rehearsed-because-it-was-perfect segue from a raging Alaska into a ripping Golgi. 
 
A 94 minute first set - that's longer than most artists play in total! :) Seriously though, what is with this crazy energy?! It's like the guys all chugged Red Bull or something :p

DWD>Sand>The Horse>Silent in the Morning

BRUH

:bigeek:  

 

 

 
 
  

 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment