An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Friday, January 27, 2023

2010-10-31 Atlantic City, NJ

 Closing in on the finish line of 2010, I move on to 10/31 and the Little Feat cover of "Waiting For Columbus"

I've never heard any Feat aside from a couple of the Phish covers later on, but I've read up on them in preparation for this show and I know a bit about Lowell George due to his Dead and Zappa connections.

Looking forward to this.

Set 1 was terrific from start to finish - Divided Sky was EPIC and Stash was a genuine amazing version.

On to set 2....

 Gotta say, I was expecting this to be a bit of a slog - lengthy album I'm completely unfamiliar with - but gosh dang this is great!

Yea, I'm on board with these dudes 
 
Holy crap that Little Feat set must've lit a fire under their collective bums!!!

Set III is fantastic!!

Down With Disease, despite a butchered beginning/restart, is FIRE and the jamming gets Type 2 for a minute before being rip-corded into BOTT
Back On the Train was excellent - some of the best jamming I've ever heard from one!
And then this Jibboo is THE HOTTEST CRAP PLAYED ALL NIGHT GOOD LORD IT IS FANTASTICAL!!!!

The seamless segue into Camel Walk is the icing on this tasty cake so far. Jeez....  

10/31 - Little Feat's "Welcome to Columbus"

Highlights

Frankenstein
>BBFCFM
Ghost (Short but sweet!)
>Spooky (Fantastic segue, fantastic bust-out!!!)
Divided Sky (LONG AND FANTASTIC!)
Roses are Free
>Funky B
Boogie On Reggae Waoman
Stash (BEST JAM SO FAR!)
"Welcome To Columbus" - EXCELLENT! I don't know the material so I can't judge, but the whole thing was great. Loved it.
Down With Disease (Great jamming! Almost goes Type 2)
>Back On the Train (More great jamming)
>Gotta Jibboo (FREAKING RIPPING!!! INCREDIBLE!!!)
>Camel Walk
Suzy Greenberg (FUNKY AS HELL)
Wilson (A BLAST! False ending that leads to great jam)
You Enjoy Myself

No comments:

Post a Comment