An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Friday, January 27, 2023

Phish - Camp Oswego - The Cliff Notes

 So I played 10 hours and 28 minutes of Phish today. Anyone else? :p

Lol, I played through all of Camp Oswego and 90% of LivePhish 7, Tinley Park '93.

I loved Tinley Park the only other time I heard it about 6 months ago while trucking down in Texas (if memory serves me correctly). Made it up through YEM before pulling into the lot to go home.

For Camp Oswego, I felt a little bit underwhelmed.

The first show's first set was mostly a skipper for me.
Tweezer through Character Zero were killer though.
Set two was friggin' AWESOME! I wrote about it earlier in a previous post :)

For show 2, I thought the first set was entirely skippable until the "greatest Reba ever played in the history of the universe". I know the bluegrass set was special but it totally killed the vibe for me, and then a drudgy Moma Dance, that was more peetering along than hot, was not a great song to come out of it with. Also, before you ask "what about the massive Bathtub Gin?!" - It felt aimless to me. It deserves another go from me, but after one listen it felt like random Type 1.5 jamming rather than anything all that promising or worth returning to.

Reba DESTROYED though. Seriously, if you haven't heard this one and want to hear one of the greatest solos Trey has ever coaxed from his magical fingers, stop right here.

Chalkdust to finish the set was ripping.

Set 2 RULED. The whole set from start to finish was energy packed and just kicked rear

Set 3 was excellent and loaded with goodies, but for my personal preference it was a bit taxing after a bit :p

In a nutshell, here are warewolf95's picks for Camp Oswego :)

Tube
Tweezer>Have Mercy>Taste>Character Zero
Funky B
On My Knees
Down With Disease
Wolfman's Brother>Sneakin' Sally>Timber

Farmhouse
Reba
Chalkdust Torture
Runaway Jim>Free>Meatstick
Guyuute
Axilla
Llama
Piper
Icculus
Quinn the Eskimo
Fluffhead
Harry Hood


Overall a good listening experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment