An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Sunday, November 14, 2021

2018-10-31 Las Vegas, NV - FACEPLANT INTO ROKK!

I love, love, love the KV material have been wanting to hear this show forever. So glad to finally be playing it :)

So far:

Set 1
Buried Alive - A nice rarity to kick things off, but it's just "not good enough" to not make my highlights list for the show 

Ghost - A wonderful "mini" Ghost with some great jamming despite its length. It's like 20 min condensed into 10! 

>Crazy Sometimes - didn't see this coming, especially not segued out of Ghost. But it was AWESOME! TYPE 2 DANCE PARTY WOO HOO!!!!! :D 

Free - Trey destroys. Very nice. :) 

More - More is More. Nothing to say. Great version but not "highlights list" worthy 

Halley's Comet - Took a long time to get going. Finally the jam kicked in for a few minutes. I thought we would go sky high but instead Trey ripcorded us into Ocelot.
 

I love Ocelot but C'MON, TREY! :cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:

That really SUCKED, lol.

Oh well, at least Ocelot is excellent with some genuinely great semi-ambiant jamming!!!!! Worth hearing!  

Ocelot - A truly magnificent version. More than makes up for the ripcorded Halley's Comet!!!!!  

Theme From the Bottom - GRANDIOSE AND SPECTACULAR. ROCKS LIKE ITS 1995! 

First Tube - EVEN MORE GRANDIOSE AND SPECTACULAR. EXPLODES LIKE ITS 1994!

:p

All in all this was an EXCEPTIONAL first set, imo. Not a weak link in the chain. Holy hell that was SICK!

On to Faceplant Into Rock! :D 

 -------------------------------------------------------

Home from my family's place in Summerville, SC (near Charleston).

It's good to be back in my own bed in Greenville :)

So last night I got through set 1 and 2 of 10/31/18

Set 1 destroyed. I love KV so Set 2 was sure-fire winner as well.

So far in set 3:

Set Your Soul Free - I love this song and it always rocks. This one stayed pretty "in the box" and wasn't anything special, but still another good rocking version. 

Tweezer - 16 minutes. Tons of different land covered with this. Dark, light, fast, slow, spacy... absolutely worth hearing!!!! 

A Song I Heard the Ocean Song - just beginning now but the segue into it was great  

-------------------------------------------------------

My live posting that night ended there. Here's my final highlights list though!

10/31/18 - Kasvot Vaxt********************************** (One of THE great shows of 3.0!)
Ghost (Great mini jammign with a Buried Alive reprise!)
>Crazy Sometimes (Type II Dance party!)
Free (Trey absolutely DESTROYS!)
Halley's Comet (Gets good jam going then ripcorded into Ocelot :( )
Ocelot (Dark and jazzy semi ambiant Type 1.5 jamming!!!! EXCEPTIONAL)
Theme From the Bottom (Grandiose and rocking. ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC!!!)
First Tube
Set 2 - Kasvot Vaxt - ALL
Tweezer (Dark space to uplifiting bliss. Very varied!)
A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing (Great dark jamming!)
Backwards Down the Number Line
Loving Cup

 

No comments:

Post a Comment