An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Sunday, November 14, 2021

2018-11-02 Las Vegas, NV

Cavern to open - It could just be me, but without checking stats this feels like a rarity in 3.0. Weird! It's so overplayed in early 90s shows that I thought I was sick of the song but this was a very nice version (probably being opener didn't hurt either).  

If I Could

WOW!

I love this song to bits and don't understand why it can't be played as often as Dirt or Waste, etc. What a damn great track and this version is terrific.

Just beautiful!!!

Weigh

If It's Ice is my favorite song on Rift, this is probably number 2 for me.
A rarity for sure and welcome as hell to hear. Its such a unique and fun song! Trey stumbles through the intro but comes out alive and we get a kinda rough and ready version that's more fun than anything :)

And now into Sand... 

Not the greatest Sand ever, but some incredible peak hosing (right term? :p ) going on in the back half. Trey just going bananas on everyone!

Sick.

Up through Mercury.

This show is really disappointing me so far! On paper the setlist looks amazeballs. But the X Factor just isnt there like it was the last two nights.

Trey in particular is a little rougher tonight than he has been for a few shows.

Most of set 1 is highly enjoyable, but nothing really over-the-cliff "HOLY FREAKING CRAP" like the last 2 shows.

And that's saying something when a 25 minute version of Mercury barely elicits a response from me.

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

I mean, I've enjoyed it all so far but it's just...not doin' it for me for some reason. 
 
THIS SUZY GREENBERG FREAKING DESTROYS! WHERE WAS THIS ENERGY EARLIER! 
 
Set 1 looked amazing on paper but didn't click with me for the most part. Who knows why. A+ for effort and song choice though!!!

Set 2 looks incredible for my taste. An absolutely ripping 16 minute Soul Planet to kick things off with a BANG!
 
Absolutely terrific. Other than Suzy Greenberg, I think this is by far and away the best thing played at this show thus far (Again, that's saying something considering the friggin' 25 minute Mercury!)

Now THIS is a jam!
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment