An intro to this review archive!

PLEASE READ!! - Welcome to Warewolf95's "Idiot Review" archive!!

 Howdy folks! As the title says, welcome to my archive of live show reviews as I have posted on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums website! I pr...

Friday, January 27, 2023

2010-10-12 Broomfield, CO

10/12/10

I keep putting off continuing 2010 thanks to this sole show.

First off, look at the horrendous setlist. I personally like and enjoy most of the songs, but good lord the sequencing looks terrible and there appears to be almost no jamming.

I'm no "jam or die" kind og guy but give us SOMETHING!

Also, Stealing Time... is maybe my least favorite opener ever. I can't stand slow openers!!!

GAHGHGHGHAHFAHGAHGS :realmad::realmad:

Unless you are "Out In The Cold" by Judas Priest, an opener for me is preferably something upbeat/uptempo/energetic.

Not something slow and meandering - and quite frankly boring!

As for TTE in slot 2 - I'm apparently the only person in the world that LOVES the song, but holy hell slot 2 after an opening STFTFP?!?!?!

WERE THEY TRYING TO KILL US?! o_O

And after all of our patience, track 3 is....

Meat. Just Meat. :o

The 31-minute slot in the second set of Joy, Halfway To The Moon, Bug and Summer of '89 (annoying song!) looks particularly heinous as well.

Looks - on paper - like I'll enjoy the rest of the gig but those are some major speedbumps  :p 

Decided to stop dragging my heels and push forwards with 10/12/10, Broomfield #3 - aka the Chilean Miner show.

Definitely prefer Stealing Time not as an opener (I do love the song though!) but this one is an exception. Strong and punchy from the start it gets us going right away.

And then we get TTE - IN SLOT #2?! WTF?

I love TTE (am I the only one?!) but in the 2nd slot of a show? What kind of madness is this?!  

Meat - I consider this song a filler track on SOTG, but this one is hitting me hard today for some reason. Just a standout little version! 

As expected, the weirdo setlist gave me weirdo results.

Set one was fine but sloppy with lots of "that's hot but not incredible" moments.

Set 2 was pretty excellent but the song choice definitely hurt it and by the time SOAM came along it hit me like a thunderbolt.

A good show with some awesome moments (mainly most of set 2) but overall not one I'll be revisiting any time soon. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment